November 10, 2010
Thank you to those who took the time to come to the General Meeting. Below are the talking points:
- Solon Stars Swim Club will be hosting Speedo USA Sectionals July 21-24, 2011 at Cleveland State University Natatorium.
- This is a big honor for our team. Hosting a national meet helps elevate the standing of the club in the USA Swimming rankings. Example: If anyone were to look at club standings in our area, our team would be one of the premier teams. Hosting this meet also helps our LSC (LESI) in their national rankings.
- This is a national level meet. Approximately 900 swimmers together with their families come to compete. Four states are represented: Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana. This is a great opportunity to showcase Cleveland! We need contacts to hotels, restaurants, caterers, vendors, venue to hold a reception (Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame ?), doctors, nurses, and contacts with the city of Cleveland.
- The meet will need 100 volunteers everyday: 40 for Prelims and 60 for Finals.
- We need volunteers for this meet! Family credit will be given to those who work the meet. Each family member who volunteers will get credit (so the more sessions, the bigger the credit towards your family account in the Fall).Volunteer positions are similar to regular swim meets (timers, admissions, awards, hospitality, etc.).
- We need a theme for this meet. Please ask your swimmer to come up with a catchy theme. We will have a contest and the winner will get a prize! Deadline is December 10, 2010.
If you have any other ideas, please let us know.
Tina McCauley (email@example.com)
Nancy Veto (firstname.lastname@example.org)