|Chairman's Chatter: Welcome to a new Short Course season!|| |
September 6, 2010
Welcome to a new Short Course season! I hope your family had a restful break.
We’d all like to welcome our new swimmers! Please feel free to ask questions. We will have a mentor program for you. There are also many parents who stay and watch practice. They are good resources and can help ease the transition to this new sport.
Please use our website. A lot of our information is now sent by email and posted on the web. Take time to learn to navigate around it.
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to enter meets assigned to their groups. The coaches will have more information about which meets their swimmers need to enter.
There have been some changes in our coaching staff.
· Kyle Melling who coached Developmental in Short Course, Age Group1 and Age Group Middle School in Long Course has gone on to Law School. We wish him the best.
· Tina McCauley, who coached with Dave Evans in Developmental 2 during Long Course, will now be coaching Age Group1, Age Group Middle School and PreCompetitive.
· Sarah Ratica is an alumna of our program. She will be helping with the Senior/Senior Elite in the mornings and PreCompetitive groups.
· Fredy Arnold has a long history of coaching in our LSC. He will be coaching Developmental 2 with Coach Dave and Senior/Senior Elite in the afternoons with Coach Mike and Coach Kevin.
Important events coming up:
· September 11 (11am-12 NN): Try Outs - If you know anyone who would like to join the Stars, please let them know about it.
· September 14 (6-7:30 PM): Open House (see attachment). This is for everyone and especially the new families. Stop by the pool lobby. Our committee chairs will be on hand to answer your questions e.g. entering meets, navigating around the website, volunteer opportunities, sponsorship opportunities etc. CAS, our suit and equipment supplier will be there. You can preorder and pick it up that day. Please refer to our website for information.
· September 29: Splash Bash (6-8 PM). Join the party. We’ll have a DJ, food and games. If you know anyone who wants to join the Stars, bring them along.
· October 15-17: Road trip! We will go to Rochester Hills, Michigan for a travel meet in October. There are no cuts for this meet and we’d like to see as many families go and participate in this meet. For those who can’t make it, this is the same weekend as the Canton meet, another good meet for everyone to participate in.
See you at the pool!