|Solon STARS Summer Wrap Up!|| |
Aug 16, 2009
Solon, OH - Wow, what a summer the Solon STARS had. I have been the head coach of this team for the last seven years and we have had many wonderful swims and great team accomplishments in that time period. I would have to consider this past Long Course season to be our best!
- Lake Erie Long Course Championships 2nd place.
- 57 individual age group and 6 relay STARS records.
- We had 77 swimmers that were involved in breaking these records that means we had multiple swimmers breaking records in the same event and age group.
- We had five of our swimmers compete for the Lake Erie Zone Team: Emily Gill, Broc Miller, Mary Motch, Alex Olexa, and Lauren Steele.
- We also had 21 STARS swimmers participate in the USA Sectional meet at Miami of Ohio University where we placed 11th. The girls were: Marta Stewart-Bates, Caitlin Cormack, Margaret Eppright, Maryn Bieganski, Melissa Besman, Taylor Pearl, Morgan Cohara, and Katherine Mitchell. The boys were: Brendan Melling, Ryan Pearl, Alex Cohara, Ian Stewart-Bates, Ben Stewart-Bates, Jamie Gallagher, James Hrivnak, Dan Telljohann, Terrence Wong, Ryan Astalos, Craig Piunno, Alex Polishchuk, and Jack Groselle
- 7 Lake Erie Records: Ian Stewart-Bates 17-18 100 free 51.02/ 200 free 1:53.98/ 400 free 4:00.91/ Open records in 100 & 200 free. We also set the17-18 & Open 400 free relay record 3:33.55 Ian Stewart-Bates-Alex Cohara-Jamie Gallagher-Ben Stewart-Bates
- US Open Qualifier: Ian Stewart-Bates
- US Short Course Nationals: Ian Stewart-Bates, Ben Stewart-Bates, Morgan Cohara, Maryn Bieganski, Annie Marquiss, Jamie Gallagher (relay only), Alex Cohara (relay only)
- US Junior National Qualifiers: Ian Stewart-Bates (LC/SC), Ben Stewart-Bates (LC/SC), Jamie Gallagher (SC), Terrence Wong (SC) , Gretchen Hestley (SC), Annie Marquiss (SC), Morgan Cohara (SC), Maryn Bieganski (SC), and Alex Cohara relay only.
LTS Program move to Dev I A:
Dev I A move to Dev I B:
Dev I B move to Dev II A:
No moves in this group
Dev IIB move to AG 1:
AG move to AGE Elite:
AGMS move to SNR:
Margaret Marion Brosko
AG Elite move to SNR:
AG Elite move to SNR Elite:
Senior move to Senior Elite:
Submitted by Head Coach, Mike Davidson